There are many institutions offering urgent loans in Kenya of Ksh 10,000 to Ksh 30,000.One place you should avoid is a microfinance instititution.Most of them are not good, they can harass you in case you don’t pay in time. But if you want a quick loan, borrow from the following places:
Join a Sacco and get a loan through your shares or saving account.Saccos will approve the loan instantly and their interest rates are low. Most Saccos give loans of up to 4 times the shares. The interest does not exceed 12% per year.
Banks offer emergency loans. If you belong to one of the banks in Kenya, go and apply for an emergency loan. You will get the loan within 24 hours.
Senti is a mobile loan app that gives a loan of up to Ksh 10,000 with low interest rate.Get the App and apply for the loan.
Jawabu Biashara gives you quick loans from Ksh 10,000.They require you to provide Mpesa statement for 12 months if you are a first time loan applicant.
Another institution that offers cheap loan in Kenya is Real People.You will get an emergency loan of up to Ksh 100,000.
The company does not have hidden charges and repayment period is 1 to 6 months.
- Kenyan citizen with valid ID card
- Have an existing business
- Have collateral
- Have a bank statement, Mpesa statement and sales record
Tala is a mobile App that gives loans of up to Ksh 50,000.The loan is approved immediately as long as you don’t have issues with CRB.
Faulu is one of the few microfinance banks that don’t harass their loan defaulters. They offer an emergency loan of Ksh 10,000 to Ksh 500,000.The repayment period is up to 60 months.
If you are currently on probation, they will give you a loan of up to Ksh100, 000.
How to apply/documents required
- Three original current consecutive payslips (certified by the employer)
- Original and copy of your National ID
- Duly filled loan application form
Amref Sacco is one of the best Saccos to join in Kenya.They give instant loans to members.Anyone can join,buy shares and get a loan.
To qualify for a loan, you need to have 3 months of active membership.
The loan has the following features:
- Maximum Loan amount KSh 50,000
- The credit limit will be graduated upward from KSh 10,000, Ksh 20, 000, Ksh 30, 000, Ksh 40,000 to Ksh 50,000 depending on repayment history and credit scoring.
- The interest rate is as follows:
- KSh 20,000 and below, the interest rate of 7.5% one-off, and a maximum repayment period of 60 days.
- KSh 20,001 to KSh 50,000 interest rate of 8.5 % one-off and a maximum repayment period of 90 days.
- A default will lead to the member being barred for 6 months from accessing any other short-term loan products.
- No paperwork needed
- No guarantors required.
I am particularly impressed with the interest rate,it’s not high. Assuming that you take a loan of Ksh 20, 000,you will pay interest of less than Ksh 3,000.
Mshwari is also another loan you can take if you want emergency loan in Kenya. The amount you will be given depends on your Mpesa records. If you repay your loan consistently for more than 1 year,then you are sure of getting a loan of above Ksh 10,000 every time you apply.
Zenka loan amount ranges from Ksh 500 to Ksh 30,000.To get up to Ksh 30,000 loan, you should repay your loan in time and also apply for the loan weekly for at least 1 year. When they have full confidence in you, then they will award you maximum loan amount.
Timiza offers a loan amount of Ksh 1,000 to Ksh 150,000.The loan is approved immediately.Their interest rate is low,which is why millions of Kenyans are applying for the loans from the company.