It is a requirement for all the new teachers to register with TSC, the new teacher registration is usually done online on the Teachers Service Commission website. Although there are requirements that a new teacher has to meet for one to qualify as a member of the Teachers Service Commission.
Not just anyone qualifies, but those that are trained teachers in Kenya. Once you meet all the requirements, a certificate will be issued to you after the registration process as proof that you are now a member of the Teachers Service Commission. The certificate bears a TSC number which is proof of its validity. It is usually issued within 30 days after the registration process.
To enlighten the newly trained teacher who has no idea of how to go about the new teacher registration, we will have a look at a list of requirements to ensure they are well equipped during the registration process. The following is a list of documents you will be required to have scanned copies to upload when you are registering;
- Academic, professional certificates and other testimonials where applicable
- The national ID card and a passport size photo recently taken.
- Non-Kenyans citizens must have an entry and work permits.
- Lastly, a Bank Deposit Slip
New teacher registration TSC Process
Once you have scanned all your documents, you are set to register. There is an amount of five hundred and fifty shillings to be paid and has to be deposited in the bank account or via Mpesa. Ksh. 500 is the registration fee which is non-refundable while Ksh.50 is Commission charged by the bank.
Note down the Bank Deposit Slip Number or Simple bank generated Code as you will require them during the registration process just before you carry on with the application.
- Bank Name- National Bank of Kenya
- Branch-Harambee Avenue, Nairobi
- A/C Name-Teachers Service Commission- Teachers Registration Fees
- A/C No: 01001000905001
To pay via Mpesa follow the process below;
- Go to Lipa na Mpesa in the Mpesa menu
- Select the pay bill option
- Enter the business number as ‘547700’ followed by ‘01001000905001’ as the account number.
- As soon as you are done paying the registration fee, ensure you have all the documents ready for the new teacher registration online process.
A letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education is required as an extra document for the Expatriate Teachers; you are required to include a letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education Vetting Committee among the other documents.
Register as a New TSC User Online
The following is a step by step procedure on how to register as a new TSC teacher online
- Log on to their website to start the online process of registration as a new teacher using this link ‘http://www.teachersonline.go.ke.’
- Select the ‘New Teacher registration link at the furthest top of the page.
- Key in your National ID/Passport number as well as your surname on the new page and then click –Next.
- Provide the right information by filling in all the fields that will pop on the next page, once you have ensured all the details are correct to proceed to the next page by clicking ‘next’.
- Select the ‘ADD’ button on the right-hand side of the page to access the documents you scanned.
- Once you have selected the documents, click upload
- A message will then be displayed to you as a confirmation of successful upload.
- Continue with the uploading process by clicking the back button to take you back to upload all the other documents.
- Click next once the other documents are uploaded to the system to move on to the next step.
- Choose the mode of payment select mode of payment and key in the payslip number you had noted.
- The final step is to save and finalize after ensuring all the required fields are duly filled.
Not everyone proceeds through the process though; one can be denied the registration if;
- He or she has a physical/mental disability which makes the person unable to perform the duties of a teacher.
- An individual who poses as a teacher has been convicted of a sexual discourtesy or an offense against an assimilator.
- Does not qualify academically and has at one time been convicted of a criminal offense hence rendered unfit to teach.
- In any case, the things he/she is engaged in does not promote peace or good order in the government of Kenya.
- Is considered immoral in his/her deeds.
ALSO, READ: Kisumu National Polytechnic Fees Structure
TSC new teacher registration status
To know your status in the Teachers Service Commission, you do not have to sweat as the process is the simplest thing I have ever come across. You just visit the TSC website then under the Online Services tab you choose the ‘teachers online’. After this, the next step is to select the ‘registration status’ tab. Your details will be displayed to you.