Kenyans with the most followers on Twitter (KoT): Twitter is no stranger when it comes to open discourse and expressing media freedom.
This platform is used by public leaders, media organizations, and celebrities to communicate with their fans and spread information. Many Gen-Z young people have successfully adapted to the digital world and use social media as their office. Some young people are paid to tweet on Twitter.
The microblogging platform has emerged as the largest and one of the most trustworthy sources of news due to the power centered around individuals who have a large following on it.
But who are the people on the platform in Kenya who have millions of followers?
Most followed Twitter accounts in Kenya
- William Ruto – (@WilliamsRuto) 5.42 million
- Raila Odinga – (@RailaOdinga) 4.04 million
- Kipchumba Murkomen – (@kipmurkomen) 2.39 million
- Larry Madowo – (@LarryMadowo) 2.37 million
- Miguna Miguna – (@MigunaMiguna) 2.31 million
- Jeff Koinange – (@KoinangeJeff) 2.21 million
- Mutahi Ngunyi – (@MutahiNgunyi) 2.1 million
- Mike Mbuvi Sonko – (@MikeSonko) 2.06 million
- Dennis Itumbi – (@OleItumbi) 2.01 million
- Lupita Nyong’o – (@Lupita_Nyongo) 1.99 million
- Ahmednasir Abdullahi – (@ahmednasirlaw) 1.95 million
- Boniface Mwangi – (@bonifacemwangi) 1.83 million
- Robert Alai – (@RobertAlai) 1.79 million
- Mohamed Ali – (@MohaJichoPevu) 1.49 million
- Ali Hassan Joho – (@HassanAliJoho) 1.47 million
- Julie Gichuru – (@JulieGichuru) 1.31 million
- Johnson Sakaja – (@SakajaJohnson) 1.34 million
- Professor Makau Mutua – (@makaumutua) 1.29 million
- Betty Kyallo – (@BettyMKyallo) 1.24 million
- Sauti Sol – (@sautisol) 1.09 million