Home CRIME Police Arrested a JKIA Suspect Roysambu Murder Trying To Leave The...

Police Arrested a JKIA Suspect Roysambu Murder Trying To Leave The Country


Detectives on Tuesday16 Jan, 2024 were questioning a man they believe killed a woman whose dismembered body was found in a garbage dump in Nairobi.

It is said that the suspect was caught at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport while trying to flee the country. He was detained pending identification and questioning, sources in the police department said.

“It is too early to say whether he is the person wanted for the murder or not. We have to wait,” a police officer said.

He was detained at the airport before a team of officers from Kasarani and DCI headquarters question him. The woman’s limbs and arms had been chopped off and placed in plastic sheeting and rolled on a bed sheet.

It has been revealed that the man used a saw to cut the body of the woman whose head has not yet been found. The police suspect that the man was hired and may have carried the head of the deceased to prove to those who sent him that he had completed the job.

Using CCTV images, and telephones, the police have located the suspect in Ruaka, Kiambu County where he seems to have been staying for many days. Detectives visited the scene of the tragedy on Monday and requested CCTV footage from several buildings as part of the investigation.

The family of the murdered woman (whose identity has not been disclosed) visited the City Mortuary, Nairobi on Monday and identified her.

However, because important parts of the body were missing, they had to wait for further examination of the samples collected from the body by the next of kin before they gave any information about it.

The cause of the incident is still unknown, the police said and added that the suspect cut the body of the woman and removed the limbs, hands and head from the body. Then he wrapped the body parts in a sheet and a plastic bag. There were saw marks on the body when the police arrived to take it to the morgue.

It was also revealed that the man had called to book the room using a phone number registered in the name of a woman. Police say the suspect called on Saturday, January 13, at 3:00 p.m. to rent a room. After looking at the room, he came back five minutes later.

He came to the agent who asked him to pay Sh2,000 for the night through a mobile phone payment but he said his mobile account had problems and he would only pay in cash. He called the landlord again and gave the operator the phone to talk to him so that he would be allowed to pay for the room in cash, which appeared to be another tactic he used to hide his identity, police said.

A woman arrived at 2:00 pm and told the guards that she was joining the suspect in Green House Apartment room B1. According to police and management at the apartment, he was expected to return the keys on Sunday morning but he did not.

Leave a Reply