Pascal Tokodi Biography
Pascal Tokodi, whose real name is Pascalino Lpesinoi Lenguro Tokodi, was born on 21st April and raised in Rongai, Kajiado county. He is a Kenyan musician and actor, famous for his song ‘Sitaki.’
Pascal Tokodi Age
He was born on 21 April 1993 (age 25 years), Rongai.
Pascal Tokodi Girlfriend
He is single. He broke this good news in an interview, saying that he would be looking for honesty and a loyal person.
Pascal Tokodi Education Background
Secondary school student at Lenana High School. Primary school student at St. Mary’s primary school.
Pascal Tokodi Acting Career
He started his profession in acting in 2012 in the Citizen TV’s Makutano Junction, which premiered in 2006. He also appeared in Kenya’s first Musical TV Drama Series, Groove Theory in 2013, in Pray & Prey, in Fox Africa’s Wrath in 2015, and featured in the Maisha Magic East’s riveting Swahili Telenovela dubbed Selina in 2018.
ALSO, READ MC Jessy Biography, Wife, Girlfriend, Comedy Career, Salary
Pascal Tokodi Music Career
He released his first single, “Sitaki” in 2016 after participating in the Tecno Own The Stage competition and in 2017, he published more songs and collaborations including, Forget ft King Kaka (rapper)|, Asante Mama ft Rapper Phill, Hii si Kwaheri ft friends of CEEL, Milele ft King Kaka (rapper), African Lady and Songa. During a music competition dubbed ‘Tecno Own the Stage,’ he became third and won one million.
Pascal Tokodi Songs
- Wewe si wangu
- Hii si Kwaheri
- African Lady
Pascal Tokodi Nominations
- He came second runner-up in the Tecno Own the Stage competition where he won one million Kenyan Shillings
- Pulse Music Video Awards
- In 2014, he was nominated for Kalsha Awards.
- Best Supporting Actor in a Film – Pascal Tokodi of Disconnect (Winner)
ALSO, READ DJ Shiti Biography, Real name, Comedy career, Networth, Wife
Pascal Tokodi Accident
Kenyan singer Pascal Tokodi is lucky to be alive after getting involved in a freak accident on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
Pascal, who is famed for songs such as “Sitaki” and “African Lady,” was on his bike heading to the launch of his new song with King Kaka dubbed “Milele” when the accident occurred.
Although details are still scanty, some media reports indicate that the singer veered off the road while trying to avoid hitting an oncoming vehicle.
Taking to Instagram on Thursday 2nd February 2017 afternoon, Pascal said he was doing fine although his bike was in bad shape.
Pascal Tokodi Interview
SNAPPY 7: Pascal Tokodi – Nothing was handed to me, I worked hard for it
- Source: Nairobi news.nation.co.kePascalino Lpesinoi Lenguro Tokodi – try saying that fast – better known as Pascal Tokodi is the talk of the town with his latest single Sitaki, which has recently been topping chats.
At 23 years old, Pascal says he is just getting started. He took out time while shooting his latest TV show to chat with Nairobi News.
1. Tell us about yourself – I’m an artist and a singer; it will be turning 23 years in a few days. I have a big family like a football team, even with substitutes. I’m the second born. I spent my childhood in Rongai and went to school in St Mary’s before joining Lenana High School.
After high school, it’s just been lessons here and there, and in 2012 immediately, I got my first acting gig in a TV show called Makutano Junction.
2. Is Tokodi your real name, and does it mean anything – No idea, my uncle gave it to me when I was born; to me, it means superman, a worrier or someone marvelous. So such a long name like Pascalino Lpesinoi Lenguro Tokodi is confusing for a lot of people to remember and pronounce.
3. Did you start singing and acting from a young age – In primary school, singing was just for the ladies, but in high school, drama became more serious. I joined the drama club when I was admitted to Lenana School, and it taught me a lot.
In form three, a director called ‘Kababa’ Michael Jones came along and really changed things for me. After that, I knew that this was what I wanted to do. At the time, I fused both acting and singing. He made me comfortable and relaxed on stage.
4. When did you start making music professionally – It was after a competition called ‘Tecno Own The Stage’ in Nigeria where I ended up third. Then I came back and did a song, and that was the beginning of my music career.
I have released a few songs, but I can say Sitaki is the first one that we have put all our efforts on because it is the only one with a video.
Sitaki is a DJ Pinye project in his ‘Dreams 2 Beats’ which is meant to give up-and-coming artistes guidance on the music and business side of the industry and knowledge that will keep them relevant for decades to come.
5. Are you dating? Who is the girl in the Sitaki video – I’m single, and if I was to start dating first thing I’ll be looking for is honesty and loyal person.
The girl in the video is called Nicki. She is ranked 12th in Africa in archery. I can’t say much about her, but I think she is also single.
6. Describe your music and who inspires you – My single Sitaki is more of RnB, but what I can say is there is more to come. There is a whole team behind Pascal. A few people like John Legend and Eric Wainaina inspire me. I just want to have longevity in this business. Have you ever seen Denzel Washington acting? He’s so cool, but I can’t do his accent, although I can try Roberto Deniro.
7. What misconception do people have about you and what should we expect from Pascal in the future – People think I got it easy and that I knew someone somewhere because I got my first acting role after high school. What they should know is it’s my hard work that got me to where I am now.
I have a big dream, and it’s really working out for me, so far, so good. Expect to hear good songs very soon. All I can say is we are going to put Kenya on a map. We want to be an icon in Africa so that when South Africa, Tanzania, or Nigeria hear that the song is from Kenya, they can be afraid.
Pascal Tokodi Janjaruka
The highly anticipated new web series, Janjaruka (Wisen Up), will launch at Pawa 254 and online on Wednesday. It is produced by Flick 7 Pictures. Janjaruka is an entertaining series but with a serious message: Should we accept that conmanship is a part of life in Nairobi and, more prominent than that, why do those paid to protect us often take advantage of us when we seek their help?
“Our aim with Janjaruka is to begin a conversation about being conned in Nairobi. And to ask the question, is there anything we can do about it?” Flick 7 director Aggie Nyagari told Word Is on Friday.”By exploring this question, the series exposes the ubiquity of con, the corrupt values within all levels of police, and the power of money.”
The series advises the audience to question things before they part with their hard-earned cash. “If something sounds too good to be true, it’s because it almost always is. So we all need to wisen up,” Aggie said. As part of the promotion for Janjaruka, several big names in Kenya’s entertainment industry have come forward to share their experiences, including Jua Cali, Nice Githinji, and Pascal Tokodi.
Tokodi said he was conned as he sought to move to a new house. He got an agent online who claimed to be in Karen. The con game started right there.”The guy told me there was a house ready, but it had already been booked, although the person had not moved in for one week. So I asked how much more I could pay to get the house,” he said.
Although he had not met the agent, Tokodi sent the cash as he felt the “agent” was “very nice.”
Upon reaching there, he called the “agent,” who changed the story, saying the guy who had booked the house earlier sent more cash to get it.”Since I wanted the house, I said I would post more. He tells me the wife is coming to pick me. I call him again, and the wife picks and asks who I was. I introduced myself and hung up and tried to reverse the money, but they had withdrawn the cash,” he said.
“I decided to call him again, but I soon found out that it was a person from Umoja. He became hostile towards me afterward.”It is at that point it dawned on Tokodi that he had been conned of his cash.”I hope the money helped him. Experience is the best thing, and I learned my lesson,” he said.
“Having a conversation about the deeply entrenched con culture in Nairobi is long overdue, and the more we continue to stay silent, the more the conmen and women are winning. So, it’s time to speak out.”There will be a live screening of the first five episodes of the series, which will also be released online on YouTube channel Janjaruka Series at the same time.
After the launch, episodes will be released every Tuesday from August 27, with a new celebrity con story every Thursday. This is the first time Flick 7 Pictures have produced a web-series after having made TV series ‘News Just In’ in collaboration with Historia Films Productions that aired on South Africa’s Kwese TV and iflix app, and that will be airing on Showmax starting October this year.”The agent told me to go to Karen, and someone would pick me up,” he recalled.
Why Pascal Tokodi aka Nelson is stealing the hearts of many young ladies out here
Singer, content developer cum actor Pascal Tokodi must be the hottest guy melting many hearts thanks to his latest show Selina.
The show which airs on Maisha Magic East has left many people smitten and addicted. This is because it reflects on the life of a young, innocent village girl who leaves her home to work as a house help at Nelson’s wealthy home.
Pascal plays the role of the youngest son in the family where Selina works.
He is, however, different from most rich kids as he enjoys mingling with the housekeepers just to show how much he appreciates their efforts in running their house.
His interest in Selina (the youngest househelp) is somehow different, and for this reason, he stands up for her every time his mother is out to scold her.
Pascal the Prince Charming
This role of the perfect gentleman has left both old and young ladies addicted to the show. Well, this could be because Nelson portrays a character that most women look for in their Prince Charming; but never seem to find.
Through his Instagram page, he recently shared a post from a certain mum who revealed that her eight-year-old daughter seems to have a secret crush on Nelson from Selina.
Pascal Tokodi Contacts
Youtube: Pascal Tokodi
Facebook Pascal Tokodi
Pascal Tokodi Song Video