Okoa Stima was established by Kenya Power and Lighting Company in association with Safaricom in 2015 and is at present dynamic. It proves to be useful when you experience an abrupt power outage, and you need more storage to pay for power.
It is a help that offers both Pre-Pay and Post-Pay clients a fast answer for all their capacity to get to needs. Administrations gave by Okoa Stima include:
- Record Registration
- Power Bill Payment
- Acquisition of tokens
- Power Bill questioning and presentment, lastly
- Access to crisis control top-up.
A base credit measure of Ksh 100 and a limit of Ksh 2000 can be obtained. The credits pull in a loan cost of 10%. The advance is dispensed and reimbursed through Mpesa and has a length of 7 days. Your recorded association with KPLC decides your advance point of confinement.
How Okoa Stima Service Works
The administration is just accessible to Safaricom endorsers. Your Mpesa record will be naturally deducted with a measure of top-up in addition to an office expense. This happens when you are mentioning for OKOA Stima Loan to stay away from a delay.
To be qualified for an advance, you are required to enlist up to 3 meters for paid ahead of time or post-paid records. Tokens bought or Bills paid can’t be utilized on another meter aside from the three you have enlisted.
NOTE: Any sum that you demand is sent to you as a token for prepaid records or is utilized to clear your post-covered tab at KPLC.
Steps to Okoa Stima
To do that
- Dial *885# from your Safaricom line.
- Acknowledge Okoa Stima terms and conditions.
- Give your National ID number
- Set up your favored PIN and affirm
- After you have gotten an affirmation message by means of SMS, select proceed.
- Enter your Service PIN
- Select register meter/account and choose “Register Now.”
- Pick your record type, either Prepaid or Postpaid
- Enter the KPLC prepaid meter number or record number for post-pay clients and present your application.
The most effective method to purchase KPLC Tokens
You can demand for KPLC tokens by following the means underneath once you are finished with account enlistment. Guarantee that you have adequate assets on your Mpesa account. See likewise on the most proficient method to check your KPLC Bill on the web
- Dial *885# on your Safaricom telephone and enter your PIN.
- Select prepaid record alternative
- Pick the meter you need to purchase the token for on the off chance that you had enlisted more than one meter.
- Your Mpesa account is consequently deducted, and You will get an affirmation message from Mpesa and Kenya Power about your installment.
Steps to Request For Okoa Stima – Prepaid Customers
To demand for OKOA Stima,
- Dial *885# utilizing your Safaricom line and enter the PIN
- Select the prepaid choice and afterward “Okoa Stima.”
- Pick the ‘request emergency top-up’ choice, trailed by the Meter.
- Select the preset Okoa sums extending from Ksh 100 to Ksh 1000 and affirm.
How to Repay your Okoa Stima Loan on Pre-pay
To repay your loan, ensure that you have sufficient funds on your Mpesa account.
- Dial *885# on your Safaricom phone and enter your PIN
- Select pre-paid and then Okoa Stima.
- Choose the “reply okoa stima” option, i.e. If you have an outstanding loan
- Select either full payment or a part payment, and it depends on the amount you have.
A notification message would be sent to you indicating your balance if you selected partial payment. For full payment, you will receive a notification, and that amount will be deducted from your Mpesa account.
ALSO, READ List of All Free to Air TV Channels in Kenya
How to Request Okoa Stima for Post-Pay Customers
For customers on Post-pay tariff,
- Dial *885# using your Safaricom line, enter your PIN then select the postpaid option
- Select the type of account you wish to request for a loan, the bill on the account is automatically displayed.
- Select Okoa Stima and follow the system prompts.
How do I Repay My Post-Pay KPLC OKOA Stima Loan?
To repay your post-pay Stima loan follow this Steps
- Dial *885# on your Safaricom smartphone, enter your secret PIN then select post-pay.
- Select the registered account, the bill on the account is displayed, Select pay bill via Mpesa
- Select either “pay in full” or “part-payment” and enter the amount to be paid then submit your application
A confirmation message will be sent to you immediately showing the bill clearance and if part payment, the message received will indicate balance.
To avoid hustles of dialing, download the OKOA Stima app from either APP store or Playstore