Lawyer Katwa Kigen is one of the popular lawyers in Kenya and has been representing some of the most public interest cases. Yesterday he was the talk of the town after his client Jackie Maribe was acquitted of murder charges of Monica Kimani.
Here are some of the facts and profiles of Katwa Kigen;
- Kigen studied Law at the University of Nairobi before being admitted to the bar in 1996 as an advocate of the High Court.
- He has worked with Nyairo and Company Advocates and later on joined Ochieng, Onyango, Kibet & Ohaga Advocates.
- He is the founder of Kigen and Kemboi Advocates.
- He represented former KASS radio journalist Joshua Arap Sang at the ICC.
- Apart from criminal law he is also an expert in commercial law.
- As a kid he did not want to be a lawyer but had wanted to be a journalist.