The Kenyatta University Student portal (KU Portal) enables you to register and apply for a Course online access your personalized information.
Accessing Kenyatta University Student Portal
Through the portal’s homepage, you can view and download your:
- Degree Audit Report
- Access lecture Survey
- Financial Aid Award Letter
- Messages and Calendar and ICT Support Service
- Student Account
- Hostel Application
KU Portal Homepage
This Kenyatta University Student portal contains tools for the faculty members who use it to manage their courses and do things like:
- Submitting Attendance
- View School News and Campus Events
- Submit Grades
- Search Course Schedules
- Print Class Rosters
Kenyatta University Student Portal Account Creation.
Step of account creation.
- Log on to Kenyatta University Students Portal.
- Click on the first link “Students Registration Portal”
- Click Create a New Account link.
- Enter your Student ID details, your First and Last Name and finally, your Place of Birth in the fields provided. Your place of birth acts as a secret question in case you forget your password. Also, note that the Student ID is the last sequence of numbers of the student number. E.g if the Actual Student number is P34G/7240/2015. The student ID should be “7240/2015”.
- Click Next.
- Your email account in the system will be displayed as a Student Email
- The system auto-generates your username, please note it for future use.
- Enter and confirm your password in the field provided and click the submit button
How to register a Course on the KU Student Portal
- Visit the Kenyatta University portal here
- Click on the “Student Portal Homepage” link shown
- Enter your Username and Password, in lower case on the Student’s portal login page
- Click on Academics then Online Registration as indicated by the green arrow and proceed to Begin Online Registration as shown in the photo below
- In case you get this Error: “Online Registration is not available” clear with Finance Department by submitting Deposit slips, the finance officer will remove the hold and you can proceed with registration.
- In order to search for the course to be registered, Use the Quick Add Functionality
- Type the course code that needs to be registered then click Add
- Finally, once the course is added, check its validity, then click on proceed to the final step
- Click Register to complete the whole process.
How to Recover a Forgotten Password for the KU Student Portal Login.
In the following 5 simple steps, you should be able to recover your KU portal password.
- Go to the KU website student portal
- Enter your username;
- Enter the email you registered the account with
- Click submit
- An activation link to change your password will be sent to your email
- You will be required to click on the link. Then you will be redirected to the homepage where you can now input a new password.
How Do I Register a Course on the KU Student Portal?
Different from what used to happen before, course registration can be done quite easily on the KU portal. And also, you get access to the units being taught that particular semester.
But something you must have done for successful course registration is the payment of fees. Ensure that you pay full fees to have a smooth process.
Follow these steps:
- Visit the Kenyatta University Portal.
- You will see a Student Portal Homepage
- Type your username and password as required in the fields marked with the asterisk. The username letters should be in lower case.
- Then, tap or click on the Academics.
- Click on the Online Registration tab and continue to the Begin Online Registration tab
- Sometimes you will encounter a system error “Online Registration is not available”. This means that you are probably not on good terms with the Finance Department.
If you paid, ensure that you visit the Finance offices again for any assistance. And if you haven’t paid a cent, make sure that you deposit money and complete all the necessary procedures.
- Search for the course you want to register by using the Quick Add Functionality.
- Enter the course code to be registered and click Add.
- With the course now added, check its validity. Then proceed to finish the registration process.
- In the last step, click Register to complete the whole process.
KU Student Portal: How to Check Kenyatta University Fee Balance.
Checking your fee balance on the student’s portal is a breeze. Keep in mind that all students should have completed fee payment 3 weeks after the semester resumes.
You don’t want your semester to be terminated because you didn’t pay fees. So knowing the balances should be a priority.
But things are easy with the portal.
Here are quick steps to help you around this:
- Go to the KU student portal website https://portal.ku.ac.ke/secure/student/loginstu.aspx
- Login to your account using your username and password
- Go to the sidebar menu and click on the fee statement. You will see the full fee statement.
- The statement comes showing the date, reference, receipt number, description, the debit column, the credit balance and the balance on the extreme end.
- Make sure to allow pop-ups on your browser; otherwise, allow the KU portal site to load popups by clicking on the Popup notice on the top right corner of the screen
- While on this student fee statement, you will see that you can browse through pages 1,2,3,4, 5,… to see a history of transactions you’ve been doing.
- At the bottom of the statement, you will see the fee balance. This is what you owe the university.
- Note that if the value has a negative sign before it, this means that you overpaid the fees. A positive sign means you owe the university and therefore you should pay as soon as possible.
Kenyatta University Portal: How to Book Accommodation Online.
If you are a new student preparing to join Kenyatta University, you can rest assured that your accommodation has been secured. The university does not leave its fresh students to suffer the inconvenience of accommodation.
This means that any student receiving messages about hostel booking shouldn’t be listening to such people. They are just conmen looking for prey to steal from.
For the continuing students, however, you need to ensure that you make prior accommodation arrangements. That’s if you prefer staying in the campus.
So, you will need to book for a room in the campus hostels. The process has been simplified by the fact that you can do this online from your device – phone or computer.
Remember that hostel accommodation should be done during the holidays before the semester resumes.
To make sure that you secure a room, it is important to book early. Otherwise, it’s possible that you will not get a room inside the campus.