King Kaka Biography, King Kaka whose real name is Kennedy Tarriq Ombima was born on 7th May 1987. He is a Kenyan Musician, who specializes in Hip hop, a songwriter, video director, executive producer, and entrepreneur. He is the last born in a family of three boys.
King Kaka Biography
With the dad gone, the story of King Kaka’s growth was left in the hands of the most important woman in his life – his mother. His old man, having passed away so early, it was his mother, Elizabeth, who did much of the raising up of the Kenyan hip hop maestro. Hers is not an easy story either, she sold fruits in the city; not in some fruit stall but the ordinary sense of hawking in Nairobi. Nairobi’s infamous city council officers ‘Kanjos’ was, on most occasions, her regular visitors. Any small business hawker knows the officers well.
King Kaka Parents
The top rapper has quite a story that will probably make yours a fable in the jungle – sort of fiction that is. As he continues to ride on a wave of personal success, the rapper never fails to let you know his King Kaka homeland and difficult upbringing. His father, Julius Ombima, was a caretaker of some house somewhere in Upper Hill, Nairobi. He is no more now. In fact, he has been dead for more than 19 years as we speak.
King Kaka Education
King Kaka was a Primary school pupil at St. Johns Primary School and he later attended Secondary school at Eastleigh High School. Kaka attended Eastleigh High School where he served as the school’s entertainment student leader. Using his portfolio, he is credited with organizing high profile events that many high school student leaders will still find difficult to think of. The events featured his school and neighboring schools.
King Kaka Wife
King Kaka is currently married to his beautiful wife, Nana Owiti, and together they have had two children. From King Kaka’s wife’s photos, it is easy to envy him for having one of the most beautiful wives and a disciplined mother too.
King Kaka Family
Kaka or Rabbit as he is also famously known is also a family man and a good one at that. The most recent addition to his family was his son. Declaring the news on social media, King Kaka said a new king is born. The new king was obviously the third child and the second with his current wife, having fathered a first with his former wife also a rapper. The father of two daughters and one son seemed to indicate his happiness that at last, it was a son. King Kaka has two girls Gweth Ombima and Ayanna Ombima.
Style of Music
Kaka’s style of music has been significantly affected by the hints of verse over a cadenced beat, which rose up out of the downtowns. Nonetheless, his perfect craftsmanship has seen him mixing this American style of music to the African people sound, bound by verses that mirror the regular battles and triumphs of urban youth. A cultivated storyteller and verbally expressed word artist, King Kaka utilizes these two fixings in his music to display social analysis, while sprinkling pleasantries, analogies, and representations in the middle of his hard-hitting turns of phrase, to make life-changing stimulation esteem.
King Kaka Music Career
A year after his high school completion Kaka Sungura signed a 2-year recording contract with Sneed Music [Dj Loop’s at that time]. In 2008 King Kaka recorded and released his debut album; ‘Tales of Kaka Sungura’ which featured hit singles ‘Niko Kwa jam Nakam’ and ‘Dodoma’ ft Harry Kimani. The latter track received an overwhelmingly positive response from across the continent, despite having been written and performed in Swahili dialect. After the success of his debut effort, Rabbit has maintained his focus towards music and has gone ahead to release two more albums and over ‘100’ songs in form of mixtapes and collaborations.
This focus has catapulted him to be one of the most sought after artists within the wider East African region. In 2012, Kaka Sungura launched his own clothing line dubbed Niko Kwa Jam Nakam. With his 17-track album Tales of Kaka Sungura already out, Rabbit says he is now solely focused on promoting the album as well as shooting a few videos. “I cannot do another album until late next year. I give my all when I compile an album, that’s why I won’t rush into another album project.” In November 2012, Rabbit released a music video for his song “Adisia”.
King Kaka Business
Aside from his fruitful music profession, King Kaka is likewise a businessperson and early September 2015 he propelled his cleaned water organization known as Kaka Empire’s Majik Water utilizing his music image name as the official name of the item.
Kaka is a video chief and an official maker. He is additionally an and has been on-screen character included on different neighborhood TV shows, for example, Machachari, Higher Learning, Mali, and the entertaining sitcom Comedy Show on NTV. On eighteenth April 2011, an unscripted television syndicated program named ‘Matatu’ was propelled on Kiss TV and Kaka was appointed to speak to the perspectives that would be displayed on the show’s various scenes, in the type of Rap music.
In 2010, Kaka Sungura propelled an activity named the Dreams Campaign his association which centers around the battle against social indecencies like Child attack and Gender savagery. Under this activity, Rabbit together with the previous national soccer commander, Musa Otieno propelled a football facility to rouse kids at different kids’ homes around the city.
Later on, in 2013 Kaka Sungura propelled one more activity titled ‘Tubonge’ which targets giving the young a stage to air their perspectives. The activity was perceived by UNDOC and thus Rabbit was named ‘The UNDOC Youth Initiative East Africa Ambassador’ Kaka Sungura is likewise an adroit representative and has established various fruitful business adventures, they incorporate, the attire line Kaka Klothing, visual communication organization Taurus Media, and ability the executive’s organization Kaka Empire.
King Kaka as a Lecturer
On June 8, 2016, King Kaka began his new career as a lecturer in a Kenyan University; Zetech University based in Ruiru. He handles the Entrepreneurship, Mentorship, and the Music faculty.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rabbit
1. His official name is Kennedy Ombima and he was born on 7th May 1987. He is the lastborn boy to Mr. and Mrs. Ombima.
2. He is also an accomplished actor and has been featured in various local TV programs such as Machachari, Higher Learning, Mali and the comical sitcom The Comedy Show (NTV). On 18th April 2011, Rabbit was commissioned to represent the views of Kenyans on a reality TV show dubbed ‘Matatu’ on Kiss TV. He did that in the form of rap music.
3. Kaka was a senior Entertainment prefect at Eastleigh High School, and he used to organize talent competitions within the school and with the neighboring schools.
4. Music aside, King Kaka is a philanthropist. In 2010, he launched an initiative dubbed ‘The Dreams Campaign’ which focuses on the fight against social vices like Child molestation, and Gender-based violence. Under this initiative, together with the former national soccer captain Musa Otieno, he launched a football clinic to inspire kids at various children’s homes around the city. Later on, in 2013 he launched yet another initiative titled ‘Tubonge’ aimed at giving the youth a platform to air their views. The initiative was recognized by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) and as a result, Kaka was named ‘The UNODC Youth Initiative East Africa Ambassador’
5. Rabbit is also a businessman and has founded a number of business ventures, such as a clothing line (Kaka Klothing), a graphic design company called Taurus Media, and a talent management company Kaka Empire.
6. In the month of July 2013, Rabbit’s song Ligi Soo (remix) became the most searched Kenyan item on the Google search engine.
7. It is rumored that in early September 2015, he launched his purified water brand known as Kaka Empire’s Majik Water
8. His first music contract came in 2005 when he was signed to Sneed Music company by the then high flying music producer/DJ DJ Loop. The contract was for two years.
9. Rabbit’s style of music has been greatly influenced by the sounds of poetry over a rhythmic beat. However, his immense musical talent has seen him blend this style of music to the African sound, accompanied by lyrics that reflect the everyday struggles and triumphs of the Kenyan youth.
10. Rabbit will soon release a collabo with Susumila, the song is dubbed ‘Mapepe’ and talks about love and relationships in the modern-day.
Promised land ft Amos and Josh
Papa ft Elani
Dear stranger ft Xenia
Kula Vako ft Kansoul
Njia ft Bridget Blue
Dundaing ft Kristoff, Magix Enga
Kafiri ft Kanana
Thug Love ft Yviona
Twende ft Sudi
Acknowledge ft Japesa
Baadaye ft Amos and Josh
East kwa mabeast
Nataka ft Odi wa Murang’ a
Senzenina ft Redfourth choir
Run Ting ft Fena Gitu
Njoo ft Rich Mavoko
Far away ft Cassidy
Round 3 ft Silverstone barz, frida amani, dyana cods
Lini ft Rich Mavoko
Mama ft Third hand music
Alivyonipenda ft Otile Brown
Forget ft Tokodi
Sababu ft Sudi Boy
Kuchukuchu ft Bahati, wyre
Bado nakupenda ft Safari sound Band
Milele ft Tokodi
Show kitu ft Kristoff, Jegede
Nakuchukia ft Sudi Boy
One and only ft Romain virgo
Ligi soo remix
Ruka ft PHY, Khaligraph Jones
Ninaweza ft Avril
Koth Biro ft Ayub Ogada