The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is the national organization in Kenya that carries out health research across the country. It was instituted in the year 1979 through the Science and Technology Act. Notwithstanding it is a prestigious organization, many Kenyans hit a rock when trying to find the KEMRI official contacts. If you are still questioning how best to reach KEMRI, you are in the right place. Just view on to know the KEMRI contacts and their branches and if their services are what you need.
How to contact KEMRI
KEMRI Kenya has a total of three main branches across the country. These are in Kisumu, Mombasa, and Nairobi. The Kemri branches and their contacts are listed below and can be verified on the official KEMRI website.
1.KEMRI Headquarters contacts (Nairobi)
- Official mobile number: +254 722205901
- KEMRI Nairobi email contacts:
- DNA lab – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Infectious Parasitic Disease Research Program mail – email@example.com
- Centre for Clinical Research Laboratories mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centre for Biotechnology Research and Development mail – Lkamau@kemri.org
- The Centre for Traditional Medicine and Drug Development Programme mail – Director@kemri.org
- Infectious Disease Research Training Program mail – email@example.com
- KEMRI Annual Scientific and Health Conference mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. KEMRI Mombasa contacts
The telephone number for :
Kwale: +254 721498846
3. KEMRI Kisumu contacts
Physical Address of branch: Off Kisumu-Busia Road, Kisumu.
The physical address of KEMRI headquarters
Woodley/ Kenyatta Golf Course,
P.O BOX 54840-00200,
KEMRI contacts Kilifi
Functions and research programs of KEMRI
KEMRI plays a vital role in the fight against diseases in the country as well as the Sub-Saharan Africa region as a whole. They carry out medical research in partnership with other health organizations. These include National Institute of medical research (Tanzania), the World Health Organisation (W.H.O), Ethiopia Health and the Nutrition Research Institute, among numerous others.
KEMRI then translates the research findings into the formation and execution of policies. KEMRI has accomplished all this by having six research programs in these areas:
- Public Health
- Infectious and parasitic diseases
- Non-communicable diseases
- Sexual, reproductive, child and adolescent health
- Natural products research and drug development
That is not all we have to say, KEMRI also has its own range of products which they manufacture in their labs. For instance, KEMTAQ (DNA amplification kit), KEMRUB (hand sanitizer), TBcide (laboratory de-contaminant), among others.
Services offered by KEMRI
If you are questioning how KEMRI can be of service to you, here is how:
- Hiring or leasing the institute’s facilities. KEMRI has hired and leasing services for their facilities. This is because their top-notch facilities and equipment are hard to come by.
- They give incineration services. For the incineration of Biomedical waste, KEMRI always has your back. Regardless of the type of garbage, KEMRI is well equipped to handle its disposal.
- Diagnostic and pharmaceutical products. KEMRI products undergo an expert level production process. There is quality control of the composites used in production. This eliminates health risks.
- Routine and specialized diagnostic, clinical and analytical services. KEMRI does clinical testing. It then offers an informed determination based on the findings.
KEMRI is aiming at its goal, which is to be a leading center of excellence in research for human health. Use the KEMRI contacts provided above and get the help you require from them.