How to use KCB Mbanking
About KCB Mbanking
This is a robust and innovative mobile banking platform which can be accessed through 2 channels:
- USSD Code *522#
- The KCB App- Available from all stores (Android, Apple and Windows store)
KCB M-benki is a virtual account that is opened and solely operated through the mobile phone. It targets the unbanked population and offers customers not only an account but also a means of interacting with the bank through KCB Mobile banking.
What does one require to get signed up on the service?
- For existing KCB Account holders, visit your nearest branch to register for mobile banking.
- For non-customers:
- Go to your M-PESA
- Select Lipa na M-PESA,
- Enter Paybill No. 522522 then under account number indicate your ID number starting with the word ID followed by your ID number for example ID12345678.
- You will receive an SMS notification with a one-time PIN which you must change to a 4 digit PIN immediately. Always keep your PIN secret and never share it with anybody.
- To access from the KCB APP, download it from your app store for Android, Windows, or Apple and activate using the *522# PIN.
KCB Mobi services-Open to only KCB Customers via USSD *522# and KCB APP
You can request a credit facility via Mobi loans, salary advance and Kopa bills and repay loans at your convenience. Repayment periods range from a minimum of 1 month to a maximum of 6 months. Terms and Conditions apply
- Mobi Loan – You can access loans from Kshs. 100 to a max of Kshs. 100,000.
- Salary Advance – Get up to 1.5 times your Net pay. Loan limits are Kshs. 3000 up to Kshs. 100,000
- Kopa Bills – Get a short term loan towards paying off your bills. Loan limits range from Kshs. 100 up to Kshs. 100,000.
Including DStv, GOtv, Zuku, Kenya Power pre-paid tokens, Kenya Power post-paid, Nairobi Water, Jumia and Jambo Jet.
Available on DStv, GOtv, Zuku, KPLC postpaid, Jumia and Jambojet. Bill presentment gives the user the exact bill to pay for KPLC postpaid is dependent on usage therefore a customer upon entering the account number gets to view the exact amount that is due.
- From bank account direct to any M-PESA number.
- From M-PESA to a KCB account.
- To any KCB account.
- To any bank account.
- To any mobile number.
ALSO, READ, Cooperative Bank Loans in Kenya
KCB App Features
KCB boasts of a unique App user experience with multi-functional capabilities focusing on not only the conventional mobile banking facilities but with a holistic lifestyle-driven approach to an individual. This includes investment advice and lifestyle features like the latest news, sports, and social media linkages.
Other features open to both KCB customers and non-customers
- My Stocks-You have a view of all stocks listed on the Nairobi stock exchange.
- Net worth calculator-You can calculate the value of their stocks listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
- Forex Rates-You can view the exchange rates for all major currencies i.e. Euro, British Pound, Japanese Yen, and South African rand as per the updates from the Nairobi Stock exchange.
- Currency Converter-A currency converter calculator.
- Properties-You can have a view of all the latest properties in the market as registered on the KCB Mortgage portal.
- News-You can access all the latest news on business, sports and lifestyle features.
- Overview of KCB products and Request for a KCB Product-You can view all the bank’s products and request for more information.
- Loan calculator-You can inquire and calculate loan repayment rates.
- Secured Messaging-Direct secured messaging to KCB.
- Budget Tracker-Charts and graphs to visualize and analyze spending and account activity.
Benefits of Mobile Banking
- You can carry out multiple transactions off the palm of their hands from airtime purchase, bill payments transfer across to M-PESA other KCB Accounts.
- Access to short term loans without security.
- Visibility of your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Ease of use
The KCB App presents an exciting and unique user experience with multi-functional capabilities. You can pull contact directly from the phone list.
You can verify transactions like bill payment or account details before authorizing the payments.
You receive real-time notifications when money comes in or out of the account.