Get to learn how to use Safaricom reverse call for both the caller and the receiver, charges, and features.
What is Safaricom Reverse Call?
Safaricom Reverse Call is a calling feature that was introduced by Safaricom on 18th June 2019 that enables its network users to transfer call charges to the receiver of the call willingly. The person receiving the call will answer and get a message prompting them to either accept or decline to pay for the call. The step by step procedure of using the service is provided below.
How to use Reverse Call by Safaricom
Here is how it works:
- Go to your mobile phone
- Dial the number you want to call adding Hash (#) before it for example (#0720000000)
- The person you are calling will receive the calls as usual
- After receiving, he will hear a voice call asking him or her to accept to be charged for the call
- He will Dial 1 to allow to be charged or Dial 2 to reject the reverse call
- That is it
Terms of Safaricom Reverse Calls
- The service only works from Safaricom to Safaricom calls only
- Reverse calls cannot also be used for international calls.
- The receiver has to accept to be charged for the calls to go through
- The receiver will be expected to Press 1 to accept or 2 to decline and will be charged as per regular calling rates.
- If they decline, the call will be disconnected.
- If the receiver does not have airtime, the reverse call will also be unsuccessful.
- Normal calling rates will apply
Safaricom Help Contacts
You can reach Safaricom through:
- Phone: +254 722 002100 (chargeable)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Shankardass House, Moi Avenue, Nairobi (CBD)
- Website: https://www.safaricom.co.ke