Skiza tune is a customized ring-back service by Safaricom which enables you to entertain your callers with your favorite sound or music tunes. After some time, you may want to remove the Skiza tune from your phone and replace it with another one, or completely remove it. In this article, we will guide you on how to remove Safaricom Skiza tune Kenya by giving you an elaborate simple procedure to follow.
The Skiza tune service enables you as the user of the service to download the Skiza tune at the cost of Ksh 1 daily for entertaining your callers with international and local tunes. To treat yourself with local and international MySkiza tunes, you will have to pay Ksh 1.50 daily that is deducted from your credit. The SKIZA Tune service can be enjoyed by both pre-paid and post-paid customers and is renewed daily provided your account has sufficient funds.
Reasons for removing Skiza tune
The following reasons can cause you to delete the Skiza tune.
- When the tune is old or outdated and thus need for change.
- Since the Skiza tune has a cost attached to it, you may delete it to cut expenses.
- A new song that has been released recently which has turned out to be your favorite song can cause you to remove the old tune. The need to entertain your callers and yourself with the new song may lead you to remove the old tune and replacing it with the trendy one.
- When bored by your Skiza tune thus the need for change.
ALSO, READ: KCB Bank Contacts: Contact Center Phone Numbers
How to remove Safaricom SKIZA tune from a phone
You can stop Skiza tune on Safaricom line or delete the Skiza tune by following the two methods below:
If you have forgotten the code of your Skiza tune, follow the steps below to remove the tune.
- Dial *811# to open the Skiza tune menu.
- From the options, select the ‘Manage My Tune’ option.
- Click send.
- Choose Skiza tune
- Select the Skiza tune that you want to remove. For example, if the tune corresponds with 3, for the tune in the shown menu, then select 3 and click send.
- From the given options choose ‘Delete’ and click send.
- To stop other call-back tunes on your phone follow the same procedure.
The method below is used when you know your Skiza tune code.
- Open the messages application on your mobile phone.
- Type 811 as the recipient of your message.
- Type ‘DELETE (Skiza code),’ for example, DELETE387521g then send.
- A confirmation message from Safaricom will confirm your Skiza tune has been deleted.
- Use the above steps to delete other Skiza tunes on your phone.
To keep you updated, Safaricom has always published a catalog of all the current Skiza tunes in its database including the song code, artist name, and name of the song in its website and print media such as the local daily newspapers.
Knowing how to remove ringback tones and callback tunes will enhance your user experience of the Skiza tune service. This article has outlined clear and simple procedures on how to remove Skiza tune Kenya, just follow the steps and you will be fine.