Having a driving licence is one thing but having a valid driving licence is another. Every driver who s a driving licence must ensure the license is up to date. This means that the licence must be renewed. According to NTSA Traffic Act, a driving licence must be renewed after every one year. The NTSA has made it easy to renew a licence without much a do. Here are steps to renew a driving licence.
a). Old Generation Driving Licence
The old Generation Driving Licence are those that were issued before the digitization of the driving licence. Process of renewing such a licence is slightly different from the smart driving licence.
- Login to e-citizen portal from a browser.
- Choose NTSA portal
- Select application
- Then under application, select Driving Licence
- Select one year driving licence renewal
- Fill in your details as shown
- Pay the required amount
- Download the license
b). Renewing Smart Driving Licence
- Login to TIMS NTSA portal
- Select Driving Licence
- Select renew driving licence
- Pay the amount indicated
- Pick your driving licence from NTSA office.
Driving anything motor vehicle or a motorcycle without a valid driving licence will attract serious penalties that include fines of up to ksh. 30,000 and jail term of up to 6 months or even both at once.