Linda Mama was launched in 2016 by the National Hospital Insurance Fund, NHIF, in line with the universal cases to maternal and child health services. This was inline with the country’s match to Universal Health Care. Once you as a mother acquires Linda Mama card, you and he unborn baby will access free medical services in any hospital up to six months after the baby is born.
Requirements go Linda Mama
Linda Mama is an initiative that only benefits pregnant women and so the following will be required,
– ID card for a pregnant woman who is over 18 years and her antenatal care records card.
– a pregnant woman who is under 18 will be required to have her parent’s ID and antenatal care records add.
– if the pregnant lady do not have an ID then the antenatal care records card will be accepted.
How to apply for Linda Mama
There are three main ways of applying for Linda Mama card,
1. Through NHIF portal
-go to NHIF registration portal
– select self employed, employed or employer depending with your own situation.
– enter your national ID number
– complete the form that appears with all the required details.
– attach scanned copy of your ID
– upload a passport size photo
– if married, attach your marriage certificate.
– press on confirm button.
2. Through momobile phone
– dial *263# on your phone.
– choose preferred language
– select NHIF registration
– choose on ‘ free maternity’
– choose your ID type; national, passport or alien.
– when done, a membership cars will be generated and you will visit a NHIF branch to pick it.
3. Through contracted health care providers
Benefits of Linda Mama
Once you have Linda Mama card, you will get several services including,
- Skilled delivery
- Inpatient services
- Antenatal care
- Neonatal care
- Post natal care
- Care for infant
- Even caesarian services.