The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is chartered in Kenya under the Company Act and is also accredited to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was originally registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of establishing in 1965. The Bank went public and was posted on December 22nd, 2008 at Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). Follow the Procedure below on How to Deposit Money to Cooperative Bank via MPESA.
HOW TO DEPOSIT MONEY TO COOPERATIVE BANK VIA MPESA
Co-operative Bank’s Lipa na M-Pesa paybill number is 400200. The Procedure for depositing money via M-Pesa to your Co-operative Bank account is as follows
- Go to the M-Pesa menu on your phone, select “Lipa Na M-Pesa.”
- Select “Paybill”
- Select “Enter business no.”
- Enter the 400200 as the Co-operative Bank business no and press “OK.”
- Enter the Co-operative Bank account number you are transferring money to and press “OK.”
- Enter the amount, i.e. amount you want to deposit and press “OK.”
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK.”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press “OK.”
- You will receive a verification window from M-Pesa where you have 1 minute to verify that the details are accurate, if correct, dismiss or ignore, if wrong, enter the number 1 and press OK to cancel the transaction
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa immediately.
- Co-operative Bank will then send you a confirmation SMS shortly.
- The transaction charges are based on the amount you wish to transact.
ALSO, READ Cooperative Bank Branches in Kenya, Location, Contacts, and Telephones
Cooperative Bank Customer Care Contacts
In case you encounter any inconveniences when depositing money to your Cooperative Bank account, you can reach Cooperative Bank Customer Care through the contacts below for help. The difficulties may include delayed transaction where the money takes longer to reflect in your bank account, or maybe you entered the wrong pay bill number, or perhaps you entered the wrong bank account number. Customer care will definitely sort you out. You don’t need to worry, use the contacts below to reach customer care:
- Head Office Address: Co-operative House, Haile Selassie Avenue,
- P.O. Box 48231 – 00100, NAIROBI.
- Tel: 020 327 6000
- Contact Centre numbers: 020-2776000, 0703027000
- E-mail: Customerservice@co-opbank.co.ke
- Whatsapp: 0736 690 101
- SMS: 16111
Customer Care is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week to help customers.
ALSO, READ How to Deposit Money to Stanbic Bank Kenya via MPESA