WhatsApp is a social media platform that is owned by Meta. This app allows users to send text messages, media files and even do both video and voice calls with one another. As a way to make it more better for the users, the company has introduced another feature called WhatsApp Channels.
WhatsApp channel allows a user to create a channel just like in other apps such as Telegram and YouTube where your fans can follow your channel and connect with you to share updates and interact with them. One can go live on their channels.
In order to have a WhatsApp channels, you must;
- Have a WhatsApp account, if you have none then you can create.
- Ensure your WhatsApp is updated to the latest version
- Enable the two-step verification for more security.
How to create WhatsApp Channel on Android phone
– Open the WhatsaApp on your phone
– Go to updates tab
– Tap the Plus + sign and the select Channels.
– Add your channel name. The name can be changed any time
– Add your channel description. This is just words that show or tell what your channel is about.
– Customize your channel by adding channel icon that will be outstanding for people to recognize.
– Tap on Create and you will be done.
How to create WhatsApp channel on iPhone
The process of creating a WhatsApp channel on iPhone is more like in the android.
- Open whatsapp and click on the updates tab
- Tap on the Plus + icon and select channel
- Click on Get Started
- Add your channel name
- Add channel description; a few words to help your followers know what your channel is about.
- Ad icon for your channel which is just an image that will be identity of your channel.
- Tap on create to finish up.
How to create WhatsApp channel on Whatsapp web or Desktop
– Open WhatsApp web, select on channels by choosing the channels icon.
– Click on + icon and choose create channel
– Choose channel name.
– Customize by adding icon and then descriptions.
– Tap on create to finish up.