Recently, a Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is becoming an essential document for job seekers in Kenya as most employers, and government included are asking for the document before one can be employed.
Most HELB beneficiaries are at crossroads as most of them had not cleared their loans making it more difficult for them to get the document, thereby missing employment opportunities.
For those who never benefited from the government loan, its easy to get the clearance certificate.
Documents required for applying for the HELB clearance certificate
- Well completed Enquiry form (downloadable from HELB website)
- Letter by the applicant confirming that they did not benefit from MOE/HELB loans
- Copies of High school leaving and academic certificates
- Copies of University/College transcripts and graduation certificates
- Photocopies of National I.D (both sides)
- Copy of Employer appointment letter
- A bank deposit slip of ksh 1000 payable to HELB operations account No: 1104823047 KCB University way Branch
How to apply HELB clearance certificate
- The applicant should visit HELB offices in Nairobi located on the 18th floor of the Anniversary Towers on the University way, opposite the University of Nairobi.
- Request for an Enquiry form and fill it if he/she did not download it.
- Attach all relevant documents required as specified above
- Submit the document to the authorities at HELB and wait for your clearance certificate.