HOW TO APPLY FOR A LOST BIRTH CERTIFICATE REPLACEMENT.
Losing an important document is normal but might take you months to figure out how to get it back especially if you do not know the right channels to follow.
Remember the birth certificate is key to passport application,registration of national ID and when showing proof of citizenship.
To Avoid paperwork and long queues, the E-Citizen platform brings it closer to your doorstep.
These are the 7 steps involved :
1) Sign up or log into your E-Citizen portal.
2) Scroll and select the civil registration tab.
3) Go to “Application for child’s current birth certificate”
4) Select “Apply for a replacement of Birth Certificate” from the provided drop down menu.
5) Fill in the required details and upload your ID /Parent ID s along with a copy of the lost certificate or birth notification if available.
6) Submit your application and pay the required fee.
7) Once the processing is complete you will receive a text message.
You may then arrange to collect your replacement birth certificate.