First-time undergraduate HELB loan application from students granted into the Government-sponsored or self-sponsored programs in Public and Private Universities.
HELB allots a peak of KSh 60,000 and a grain of Ksh 35,000 to each Univesity student depending on various circumstances.
Documents required for the first time undergraduate HELB loan
- A national ID card (second generation)
- Bank Account
- KRA PIN.
- Parents Details – A Photocopy of their National ID Card
- An Email Address and lastly
- National ID photocopies of three employed guarantors.
ALSO, READ MKU Student Portal Registration, Login and Services
How to apply for the first-time undergraduate loan
- Visit HELB web Portal to register an account.
- Read and completely fill the HELB Financial Literacy Literature.
- Log into your account and click on the First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Link
- Select and duly fill in the 2019-2020 First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Form (LAF).
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form under the print section.
- Take the form to the relevant authorities and guarantors for filling, stamping, and signing
- Sign your duly filled form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist on the last page of the Loan Application Form(LAF).
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF for reference – Mandatory!
- Present a single copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents.
HELB maintains that the Loan Application process is free and applicants are advised not to pay anyone for assistance to process their HELB Loan.
- HELB Head Office
- The HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine Floor, Anniversary Towers, University Way in Nairobi.
- One of the listed banks listed on the HELB website that you have opened an account with for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Office.
- The following HUDUMA Centers: Nairobi, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi – Kapsabet, Thika, Garissa and Kitale.
Keep on checking our site for the latest news on HELB loan