Egerton University Application Form. Egerton University has opened its admission for the current academic year for Application. See the details below to apply.
Inquiries for all diploma programs should be made to The Registrar (Academic Affairs), Egerton University, P. O. Box 536-20115, EGERTON, Kenya.
The closing date for receiving applications for the diploma programs shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Diploma Programmes
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they do not in any way, entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade ‘C’ passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent.
- Provided that candidates with disabilities will be given special consideration concerning the number of subjects taken at KCSE.
- Hold a certificate from a recognized institution with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization, acceptable to Senate.
- Meet additional or specific entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School, or Institute offering the Diploma program.
DOWNLOAD DIPLOMA APPLICATION FORM HERE and Postgraduate Diploma Here
Egerton University Application Form
READ: KMTC Contacts, Mobile Numbers, Email, Address
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at Egerton University must meet the following requirements;
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
- Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s program.
Egerton University Application Form
b) Fulfill specific requirements as may be stipulated by the respective Department, Faculty/School/Institute/Campus concerning the field of study.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Graduate Studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
Where a candidate is to pursue the program by Research/thesis only, the candidate will be required to present a Research Proposal together with the application for registration.
Where the candidate is to pursue the program by Coursework, Examination, and thesis, the candidate shall be required to submit a summary of the intended area of study together with the Application Forms. A full Research Proposal shall be submitted within three (3) months or registration.
All applications for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty/School Institute/Campus Board concerned for approval and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate Studies.
Before recommending a candidate for registration, the Department and Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned shall ensure that:
- The proposed field of study is academically sound and can successfully be pursued and supervised.
- There exist adequate facilities and resources for effective research
- The appropriate fees have been paid.
DOWNLOAD DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY APPLICATION FORM HERE
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Inquiries for all Bachelor’s Degree programs offered should be made to; The Registrar (AcademicAffairs), Egerton University, P. O. Box 536-20115, EGERTON, Kenya.
The closing date for receiving applications for the Bachelor’s degree programs shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Bachelor‘s Degree
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they in no way entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade C+ (C plus)\passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent.
- Have one of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education examination:
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
- Egerton University Statutes 2008 43
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at different sittings provided the passes are of Grade C or higher.
- Hold a Diploma of Egerton University with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or an equivalent
- A qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to Senate. Those with a ‘Pass’ Diploma will be considered if they have at least two years of relevant experience after graduation.
Meet additional entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School, or Institute.
To be admitted for a PRE-SERVICE DEGREE PROGRAM, a prospective candidate must have all the requirements set up by the joint Admission Board (JAB), with a prospective IN-SERVICE student must have completed a diploma program in the relevant field and graduated with at least a CREDIT.
DOWNLOAD BACHELORS APPLICATION FORM HERE
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Postgraduate studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
- All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then
forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty board concerned for approval Egerton University Statutes 2008 51 and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate studies.
- Applicants shall be admitted to only one Degree program at a time.
- Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Direct, Board of Postgraduate Studies
- Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s program a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, based on the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
- Subject to approval by the Senate, Departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their Master’s programs or to appear for an interview to determine their suitability for admission. (See annex Pre-masters)
- In exceptional cases, the holder of lower second class honor may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience.
DOWNLOAD MASTERS APPLICATION FORM RIGHT HERE
TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT https://application.egerton.ac.ke/
For more inquiries, Contact
Egerton University Nakuru Town campus
Located at Stanbank House, Moi Avenue (Opposite Hilton Hotel).
Tel: 0736309390, 0704309390