Find a list of all certificate, diploma, postgraduate diploma, bridging, degree, masters, doctorate courses, distance education as well as open learning academic programs offered at Egerton University. Courses offered at Egerton University. Get all course details such as course entry requirements, mode of study, course duration, fee structure, among others.
Those seeking admission to Egerton University should meet the following minimum entry requirements.
Certificate Programme: Mean grade of C- in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
Diploma Programmes: Mean grade of C in KCSE or equivalent or certificate in a related field from a recognized training institution with a credit pass
Regular Degree Programmes: Candidates must possess a mean grade of KCSE C+ and above and subject cluster as set up by the Joint Admissions Board (JAB). In-service candidates must possess a diploma with a credit pass or equivalent.
Self Sponsored Degree Programmes: Candidates must possess a mean grade of C+ and above and a subject cluster of C+ and above in the relevant field of study. A-level students with at least two principal passes may also be admitted. In-service candidates must possess at least a credit diploma from a recognized institution.
Postgraduate Degree Programmes
- Masters – Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with at least 2nd class honors (upper division) or equivalent from Egerton University or other recognized university.
- Ph. D – Minimum requirement is a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline from Egerton or any other recognized university.
Degree courses are generally advertised in the national newspapers around February/March and August/September.
Application forms can be downloaded from the University Website: www.egerton.ac.ke.
Inquiries should be addressed to:
The Registrar (Academic Affairs), Egerton University, Njoro Campus,
P.O. BOX 536, Njoro 20107
Telephone: 051-221778, 2217891/2, Ext 3222,
The principal of Nakuru Town Campus, Egerton University,
P.O. BOX 13357-20100, Nakuru, Telephone: 051-221648
Courses Offered at Egerton University
1. Certificate Courses offered at Egerton University
- Certificate in Gender, Poverty, and Development (SSP only) Main Campus
- Bridging in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (SSP only).
- Certificate in Chemistry, Science and Laboratory Technology (Main campus only) SSP only.
- Certificate in Information Technology (SSP only) showground.
- Bridging in Kiswahili and English subjects (SSP only) Main campus.
- Certificate in Modern Library, Archives, and Records Management (SSP only) Main campus.
- Certificate in Eco-tourism and Hospitality Management
- Certificate in Environmental Impact Assessment
- Certificate in Geographical Information Systems
- Certificate in Accounts (CPS, KATC & Secretarial) SSP only ( Main, Showground, Bukura, and Kilifi campuses).
- Eco-Tourism and Hospitality (KIA) SSP only (Bukura campuses).
ALSO, READ Courses offered at Pwani University in Kenya
2. Diploma Courses Offered at Egerton University
- Diploma in Agricultural Education And Extension
- Diploma in Animal Health
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Farm and Resource Management
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Animal Science and Technology
- Diploma in Computer Science (SSP only) Town campus
- Diploma in Modern Chemistry Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Business Studies SSP only (Chuka campus).
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Diploma in Nursing (conversion program)
- Diploma in Eco-tourism and Hospitality Management
3. Degree Courses offered at Egerton University
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education and Extension (Government, SSP & SSP School-based).
- Bachelor of Education (Arts) (Government, SSP & SSP School-based)
- Bachelor of Education (Science) – (Government, SSP & SSP School-based)
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Human Ecology Extension (Government, SSP & SSP School-based).
- Bachelor of Science in Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics (Government, SSP & SSP School-based).
- Bachelor of Science in clothing, Textiles, and Interior Design (Government, SSP & SSP School-based).
- Bachelor of Education Primary option SSP School-based Main and Chuka Campuses.
- Bachelor of Science in Community Development SSP only, main and chukka campuses
- B.Sc. in Animal Science
- B.Sc. in Agriculture
- B.Sc. in Dairy Science and Technology
- B.Sc. in Food Science and Technology
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Agriculture Economics
- B.Sc. in Agribusiness Management
- B.Sc. in Animal Health Management
- Bachelor of Science (General).
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science and Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Aquatic Science.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (SSP only) – Main campus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Arts (History)
- Bachelor of Arts (Communications and Media)
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics and History)
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics and Sociology)
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology and Religion)
- Bachelor of Science (Economics and Statistics)
- Bachelor of Science (Library and Information Sciences)
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology)
- B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering
- B.Sc. Water and Environmental Engineering
- B.Sc. Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.Sc. Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
ALSO, READ Maseno University Degree Courses Offered
- BSc in Eco-tourism and Hospitality Management
- BSc in Natural Resources Management
- BSc in Wildlife Enterprise and Management
- BSc in Environmental Science
- BSc in Geography
- BSc in Integrated Forest Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Management.
- Bachelor of Commerce SSP only, Town campus.
- Bachelor of Business Administration SSP only, Town campus.
- Bachelor of Science Rehabilitation Medicine SSP only.
- Bachelor of Foods Nutrition & Dietetics
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
4. Masters Courses offered at Egerton University
M.Sc Biochemistry (Research Option)
M.Sc Biochemistry Science and Technology (Research Option)
M.Sc in Mycology
M.Sc in Plant Pathology
M.Sc in Limnology
M.Sc in Animal physiology
M.Sc in integrated Pest and Vector management
M.Sc in Chemistry
M.Sc in Physics
M.Sc in Biostatistics & Biometrics
M.Sc in pure Mathematics
M.Sc in Applied Mathematics
M.Sc in Statistics
MSc. in Medical Parasitology
M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics
M.Sc. in Animal Breeding And Genetics
M.Sc. in Soil Science
M.Sc. in Animal Production (with Breeding and Nutrition options)
M.Sc. in Agronomy (with Protection, Breeding and Production Options)
M.Sc. in Food Science
M.Sc. in Horticulture (with Floriculture, Olericulture and Pomology options)
M.sc In Livestock Production
M.Sc in Plant Biotechnology
M.Sc in Animal Nutrition
M.sc in Agricultural Engineering.
Master of Science in Agricultural Engineering.
Master of Science in Soil and Water Engineering (SWEN)
Master of Science in Water Resources and Environmental Management
M.A.English Language and Linguistics.
M.Sc. in Community Studies & Extension.
M.Sc. in Science Education
M.Sc. in Curriculum & Instruction Educational Management
M. sc. Agriculture Education;
M.sc. Agriculture Extension
M.Sc in (Geography)
M.Sc in Natural Resources Management
MSc in Environmental Science
M.Sc. in Foods Nutrition & Dietetics.
M.Sc. in Health Services Management
M.Sc. in of Public Health
M.Sc in Curriculum and Instruction
M.Sc in Education Management
M.Sc in Education Foundations
M.Sc in Guidance and Counseling
M.Sc in Languages
M.Sc in Guidance & Counseling
M.Sc in Community Studies and Extension
M.A. in linguistic MA (Ling)
M.A. in Community Economic Development (CED)
M.A. in Social Work MA (SW) (Evening Programme
MASTERS APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Postgraduate studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed. All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty board concerned for approval and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate studies.
Applicants shall be admitted to only one Degree program at a time.
Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Direct, Board of Postgraduate Studies.
Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s program a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
Subject to approval by the Senate, Departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their Master’s programs or to appear for an interview to determine their suitability for admission.
In exceptional cases, the holder of lower second class honor may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience. A qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to Senate. Those with a ‘Pass’ Diploma will be considered if they have at least two years of relevant experience after graduation meet additional entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School, or Institute.
5. Ph. d Courses offered at Egerton University
Ph.D. in Animal Science
Ph.D. in Crop Science
Ph.D. in Food Science
Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
Ph.D. in Horticulture
Ph.D. In Aminal Health
Ph.D. in Agricultural Education
Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension
Ph.D. in Science Education
Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction
Ph.D. in Educational Management
Ph.D. in Educational Psychology
Ph.D. in Education Foundation
Ph.D. Community Studies And Extension
Ph.D. in Geography
Ph.D. in Environmental Science
Ph.D. in Natural Resources Management
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at Egerton University must meet the following requirements;
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as evidenced by at least one of the following:
Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s program.
b) Fulfill specific requirements as may be stipulated by the respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
a) Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Graduate Studies upon payment of a prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly
b) Where a candidate is to pursue the program by Research/thesis only, the candidate will be required to present a Research Proposal together with the
application for registration.
c) Where the candidate is to pursue the program by Coursework, Examination, and thesis, the candidate shall be required to submit a brief summary of the
intended area of study together with the Application Forms. A full Research Proposal shall be submitted within three (3) months or registration.
d) All applications for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall
then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned for approval and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate Studies.
e) Before recommending a candidate for registration, the Department and Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned shall ensure that:
The proposed field of study is academically sound and can successfully be.Â pursued and supervised.
There exist adequate facilities and resources for effective research
The appropriate fees have been paid
Egerton University Contacts
Egerton University Njoro Campus
Email Address: email@example.com
Tel : 254-051-2217891/2 254-051-2217781
Address: P.O Box 536 Egerton 20115 Kenya
Egerton University Nakuru Town campus
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 254-051-2217891/2 254-051-2217781
Address: P.O Box 536 Egerton 20115 Kenya
NAIROBI CAMPUS Located at Stanbank House, Moi Avenue (Opposite Hilton Hotel).
Tel: 0736309390, 0704309390